Wednesday, January 9, 2008

An Atheists Creed


I hereby do not accept the premise of god's existence.

My reasons for doing so are mine and mine alone and
do not reflect the beliefs (or lack of beliefs) of other
atheists.

Any other philosophies or systems of belief that I
hold to be true in addition to (or, in my opinion,
because) of my atheism are also mine and mine alone and
do not reflect the beliefs (or lack of beliefs) of other
atheists.

If me and another atheist commonly hold another belief
or beliefs to be true, it does not reflect upon atheism.

Whether or not I choose to accept or reject unrelated
beliefs is at my discretion and will have no affect on
my status as an atheist.

At such a time as I accept the premise of god's existence,
I will cease to be an atheist. This will not inherently affect
any other belief I hold, since there are no other beliefs
based strictly on atheism.

Written by Drafterman of AvC.


No comments: